WDL Demo Rss

Just like the little children.

Tonight I went to Homeland in search of the bare necessities (toilet paper and chocolate). I was kind of cranky-- 10 hour days at Catlett are becoming more of a regularity than an exception. Everyone is tired, I know.
Anyway, as I turned into the aisle to pay, a little boy with a toy gun stood in front of me. Immediately, his eyes lit up and he began shooting me while clicking his tongue. I opened my eyes wide, as if shocked that anyone would commit such a travesty! A giggle emerged between clicks and bangs, but he kept at it. When I clutched my chest and pretended to keel over in pain, he burst into gleeful laughter and ran into his mother's waist.
It was exactly what I needed. Thank you, Lord.

Comments (3)

I bet you made his day as well :)

I loved this and it reminds me of what my last book I read was all about, finding the blessings in each day. I know, probably the last thing you need right now is another book to read, but when you are desiring a new one, I sure have one for you. It comes with a dare :) A dare that get the pool of joy going inside of you. It sounds like you got a taste of it in your "shoot em up" game:)

Little children are wonderful! I will always love them.

Post a Comment