WDL Demo Rss

Insert Witty Title Here


Guys, this is the worst! I don't know how to blog.
Lbog.
Blgo.
Glbo.
Olgb.
I can journal. I have seven (7) of them, the first (1st) dating back to 2004. No problemo. When you journal, you can write freely, not paying attention to grammar, spelling, or syntax. You can doodle on the page or draw an arrow to an asterisked* remark. It's great.
Blogging, on the other hand, is different.
At least I think it is.
I've always been very intimidated by bloggers. I mean, they wear crazy scarves and drink americanos and have nose rings and ride their bikes everywhere... and then blog about it!
What does "blog" even mean?!!?
Let's consult the experts, shall we?
1. Dictionary.com
"an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; typically updated daily."
Yikes. A daily update!? Personal!?
2. Answers.com (sounds promising)
"A blog is often a mixture of what's happening in a person's life and what's happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site..."
Now I have to keep up with my own life and the web!?
3. Wikipedia
There is a plethora to be learned from this site, but the most confusing/amusing terms to be gleaned are "bloghood," "blogosphere," & "vlog."
Oh dear. In addition to my nose ring and accelerated caffeine intake, I now have to sell my soul to Blogger, constantly updating my site with artsy pictures, unknown quotes, and ambiguously poignant observations on society, politics, commonly-held beliefs, and my soul... in a word, creative!
Well, due to my limited amount of creativity, this blog could very well turn into that great pair of wacky sunglasses that was purchased by the awkward, greasy video-gamer who was trying to look like her hipster next-door neighbor.
We'll see!

Comment (1)

you're a blogger!!

Post a Comment