WDL Demo Rss

Normally I don't name my things, but this is an exception.



I am the proud parent of a yellow iPod nano.
My roommate and I drove 30 miles to the specific Apple store that carried the yellow version; Best Buy apparently does not carry yellow ones. After following the wrong directions (thanks, Google maps) and asking for help at a Sonic drive-thru, we arrived. It took a lot of shaking of the head to extra deals and accessories before I was actually in possession of the little guy. When I bounced up to the counter to present my hoard of Christmas+birthday money, the cashier remarked that yellow was the store's worst decision regarding iPod coloration. "It looks like pee," he commented.
I was crushed. But I bought it anyway. I was later vindicated when a desk assistant in the mall commented (when referring to that certain cashier's inability to make my gift card work) that he was a "wiener biscuit." I have never heard that diss before. It was great.

In elation, I went to the gym today to run whilst listening to music with my new possession. I didn't think about the fact that the headphones might become entangled with my favorite necklace, resulting in a dramatic cutting of the chain. It was too knotted to salvage. Now Dijon (iPod) and I have a love/hate relationship... and it's only day 2. Wow.
--
Sometimes I leave my clean, folded laundry on the bed for a few hours because I think it looks nice. There is something very comforting about clean laundry.

Today I was sitting in the library and working on adding album art to my iTunes library. The longer I sat, the more self-conscious I became. I'm not ashamed of any of my music, but I felt strange knowing that other people could see my library and album art. I have no idea why this was weird.

I'm not very self-aware. Sometimes I post pictures of myself on facebook or wear an outfit that really doesn't look good. I need loving individuals to tell me when this is the case, because I'm oblivious.
--
Today I checked out two textbooks from the library. What an idea.

Confession: I can't stand Will Ferrell. Or Jim Carrey.

The nose ring fund is growing (!).

Relient K will always be my default favorite band. Always and forever.



Comments (4)

where is a picture of Dijon? (great name)
I just decided today that I want to rethink my decision not to get a nose ring.

Relient K is an excellent band to have as default. And messing with album art on iTunes is so much fun.

Nose rings are one of three things girls can do to their face to amplify beauty. Not that beauty comes from accessories or anything...

I love that you have a blog. I also love that you intend to get a nose ring. Lastly, I love that you and I share dislike for those two ridiculous actors. :)

-Leighanne

Post a Comment