WDL Demo Rss

This heat is oppressive

Labels: ,

but it doesn't oppress me.

I like the heat. It makes me work, which makes me sweat, which makes me stronger; therefore, more resilient.
I've been thinking about this all day as I play mental gymnastics with myself in an attempt to prepare for my first work day at Panera.
I bought a new set of uniform clothes, because this Panera is more strict in its dress code. As I stared at my image in the dressing room mirror, 'neath the dressing room florescents, I despaired a little. A collared polo tucked into a pair of hip-hugging khakis is not the most exciting reflection upon which to gaze. I made sure to purchase a bright blue polo, which will at least bring a little cheer if I catch my likeness in the bread slicer.
I was greatly convicted this morning as I was reminded to "do everything without complaining or arguing..."
... two things I have most definitely done several times in the past few days.

Pray for me as I embark on this stale trek of summer mundane-ness. It leaves everything to be desired.

Comments (2)

:)
Good luck, girl.
You could be nannying, the same snot-nosed kiddos you've been "looking after" for two years. Boo.
Welcome to the mundane club!

Throw bagels at mean people!

Post a Comment