WDL Demo Rss

Which to bury, us or the bagel?

Words cannot express how frustrated I am to have to work at Panera Bread this summer. I have been employed on and off with this company since 2006, and am ready to be rid of them. Despite all of my best job searching endeavors this month and last, I was unable to find anywhere else willing to hire me for just June/July/August.
I get a stomachache whenever I think about starting on Wednesday. I just called to find out my work schedule, and the manager would only tell me the first day that I'm working. She said that I could check the other days when I get there on Wednesday. I needed to know the other days for other commitment purposes, but she would not budge. It probably made me angrier than it should have, but it feels like a reiteration of small bitternesses stored up since 2006.

My online class is overwhelming and confusing. I wasn't able to enroll on time; consequently I am behind on the assignments. With Panera looming ahead, it makes the class seem like a bigger deal than it probably is.

I don't like it when others (or I) say things like, "I can't wait for [allotted amount of time] to be over." I would like to think that the Lord has me at [Panera] for a reason-- something I don't yet understand but hopefully will soon. So...

I won't say it. Just think it.

Comment (1)

Good luck! I worked at a Panera in Nashville for three years. I liked it, but I also had an awesome sleazy Mexican coworker who would insult people with me in French. Made the days go by so quickly...Faut péter dans l'eau pour faire des bulles...

Post a Comment